Entrepreneur in ResidenceApply
London United Kingdom | Remote
Flexible| Remote Working | Venture Studio
SGC Ventures is London based venture builder that partners with under-represented and exceptional entrepreneurs to scale or take ideas from concept stage to market. SGC Ventures support and transform both new and mature businesses by providing private investment, corporate advisory, business transformation and technical partnership to exceptional under-represented entrepreneurs and diverse teams across Europe.
The SGC Venture Studio through an end-to-end proprietary process, partners with founding teams to conceive and validate ideas, design and build MVPs and launch products
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where you gain a tremendous amount of responsibility? Do you want to be part of an exceptional entrepreneurial team with young, motivated and extremely driven people? And are you curious or passionate about building new and exciting ventures? If so, you might be our Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
As our entrepreneur-in-Residence, you’ll get a unique growth opportunity in a role that is crucial to reaching our strategic goals. You will expand, build, and run parts of our portfolio companies, which means assuming responsibility for high-impact decisions that will develop you to be part of the next generation of CEOs. Attaining the extraordinary means investing lots of time effort, and moving fast when new insights or opportunities arise. In this process we will be there with you, providing the right questions, sparring and guidance needed.
- Driving projects, such as starting new ventures, creating stellar marketing operations, crafting and executing sales strategies or recruiting and leading A+ teams – basically anything related to building new companies
- Developing and executing strategies as you gain new insights
- Supporting expansion and daily operations
- Analysing the current market and setting a clear vision for the business (including product direction)
- Executing the successful build and launch of Founders Perks as a one person team with support from Founders Forum
- Activating partnerships (across perks providers, financial services partners etc.) to supercharge growth
- Bringing together industry partners to create unfair advantages •
- Work closely with our 30+ Technology Partners on various product build and development
- Contribute to the delivery of our Diversity and Inclusion goals of backing the growth of under-represented founders.
- Strong product and go-to-market experience
- Early stage business experience and a proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life
- Experience in a leadership capacity (you love challenges and solving complex problems)
- A desire to constantly experiment with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- Ability to formulate a strategy, translate it into actions and execute
- A natural wearer of many hats – you’ll do what it takes to get stuff done
- Decisive in the face of limited information and thrive in uncertainty
- Strong communication skills and experience of working with both Internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills – you’ll be responsible for striking deals with suppliers.
- Experience with at least one of: Financial Services, EdTech, HealthTech, eCommerce
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA or MS (preferred)
SGC Ventures is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.