Head of Project ManagementApply
London United Kingdom | Remote
Flexible | Remote Working | Venture Studio
SGC Ventures is London based venture builder that partners with under-represented and exceptional entrepreneurs to scale or take ideas from concept stage to market.
SGC Ventures support and transform both new and mature businesses by providing private investment, corporate advisory, business transformation and technical partnership to exceptional under-represented entrepreneurs and diverse teams across Europe.
The SGC Venture Studio through an end-to-end proprietary process, partners with founding teams to conceive and validate ideas, design and build MVPs and launch products
This opportunity is for hybrid Business Analyst /Project Manager to work primarily on the project management and lead the delivery of various projects within our venture studio. This is a client-facing role, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment with excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Partner with our portfolio companies and support them during their growth journey.
- Work alongside our founders, technical Partners to scope, manage, and deliver a wide variety of technical projects Provide oversight, leadership, direction and control of large and complex projects.
- Write thorough, considered scopes of work that can act as a contract for your projects. Define and agree the scope of work internally and with client/s and ensure projects are delivered within this agreed scope.
- Own key documents across the lifecycle including project scoping that provides the basis of contracts, reports, and project specific deliverables
- Lead full multi-discipline commissions, taking responsibility for their successful delivery.
- Offer strategic advice to both our Startups, founders, partners and stakeholders.
- Oversee the team of Partner Project Managers
- Contribute to the delivery of our Diversity and Inclusion goals of backing the growth of under-represented founders.
- Coordinate and oversee stakeholder engagement activities, ensuring continued alignment with local and global strategies
- 5years+ B2B Product management experience or Technical Project Management
- Experience of managing products from ideation to release, engaging with various departments
- Strong at liaising with clients and discussing technical requirements
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience Prioritising development and user requirements
- Experience working in enterprise products
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Lean, XP, etc.
- Knowledge of waterfall approaches such as Prince2, DSDM or PMI.
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA or MS (preferred)
- Formal project management training (e.g. PMI, Prince2)
SGC Ventures is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.