How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, how we handle your personal data, or want to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any investment you make through the platform will be highly illiquid. There is no active secondary market for the shares of the investee company. This means that you are unlikely to be able to sell your shares until and unless (a) the company floats on a stock exchange, or (b) is acquired by another company or (c) the investee company buys back the securities you purchased. The securities you purchase through the platform are not listed on any exchange.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
By this means we automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- the internet domain and IP address from where you access our Site;
- the type of browser software and operating system used to access our Site;
- the date and time you access our Site;
- if you linked to our Site from another website, the address of that website; and
- the pages you enter, visit and exit our Site from.
You may adjust your computer’s settings to block cookies, or to accept them only on confirmation from you. Because of the wide variety of browsers and operating systems used by our customers we cannot provide detailed instructions for this, however your browser should contain details in its help facility.
If you sign up to receive our marketing emails, we will use your name and email address to send you the material you have requested. We will only send you marketing where we have your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time if you change your mind by contacting us at the details set out above or clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails that you receive.
Application and Information Collected
If you choose to apply for investment, we will review to consider your application for potential investment. We will collect and process the following data about you: Information you give us – this is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, personal description and photograph. This may include:
- your name and address;
- your phone number and e-mail address;
- your occupation;
- your interests; and
- details about the services you specifically request.
Information we collect about you – with regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
Disclosure of Data
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors where this is necessary for the performance of any contract, we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- third parties which are party to a commercial transaction
- in the event the company is sold, the respective purchaser.
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not lost, misused or inappropriately accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We will retain details connected to marketing until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive the subscription or marketing material. We will keep your application for up to 10 years.
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at the details set out above. We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months.
Please note that exceptions apply to some of these rights which we will apply in accordance with the law.